Sunday, July 31, 2011

Day 18...............7-31-11

Day 18

Good evening everyone. So, it's been some time now since I have blogged, but here I am! I am happy to say that even though I have not had a chance to blog for a bit, I have not lost site of my journey....in fact, I'm so completely proud of myself! This past week has been  little crazy!

It was my first week of school which went fairly well. I was a little stressed out about the amount of work I need to do, but I took a deep breath and instead of turning to food, I made a plan! I created a color coded chart of how to spend my time and how much time I have to complete school work and still have time with Emily. A few months ago I never would have been able to do that. I would have sat on my couch upset and have ate a half gallon of ice cream.

Tuesday was another rough night. As most of you know we had a very bad storm in Ludlow. I thank God no one was hurt and my family is safe. I took all the necessary precautions and made it through. I was extremely scared for my daughter because she was at a campground in Monson. They evacuated the campground and had everyone in the cellar of an old farmhouse. Once I talked to her and knew she was OK, I felt better! I was late for my first night of class, but no one was marked late because of the weather.

Wednesday and Thursday were pretty good. The nights I went to school I packed a dinner and snack for myself so I wouldn't be tempted to get anything from the vending machine.

Saturday night I hung out with Kristen and Andre. They had been away for a week at the beach and I had missed them! :) I went to their house and finished watching a Lifetime movie with them and then went to the bar with them. I can say that I did not drink at all! I have not even had the temptation to drink. The feeling of satisfaction to a commitment I made is a greater feeling then drinking too much and feeling silly. I can still have a good time without drinking.

So, I'm starting to notice that my weightloss is slowing down now that my body has adjusted to my new lifestyle change, but I'm accepting of that now that after doing some research know that a healthy weightloss is 1-2 lbs per week. It officially weigh in on Wednesday, but have gotten on the scale. I'm not going to reveal my weight, but I will say that I accomplished my goal of not being 220-something anymore!!!! I'm in the teens! My next goal is to get below 200!

As far as my week emotionally, it hasn't been too bad. I've felt like I could cry on the drop of a dime a few times, but not because I was sad. I guess more because I can't believe my accomplishments. Even though it makes me feel so good to hear people say that I look great, it's still not an easy thing for me to hear. I have these feelings an emotions that I can't quite understand sometimes. That's the one thing I want to try to work in the next few weeks. Figuring out what emotions I'm having at any given time and try to understand why I'm feeling the way I am. Once I get through that my nest challenge will be to figure out how to process those emotions.

When I was hanging out with Kristen and Andre Sat night they told me Kristens mom had some pics from out graduation in 2009 and they were saying how different I looked. I didn't believe them or think that I could look THAT different.....when I got home I looked through my files on my computer and found the graduation pictures. WOW!!! I do look different. My face isn't as.....round! I made a side-by-side comparison which is below....check it out!


No comments:

Post a Comment